Monday, June 30, 2008

Not a Footballers Wife or Partner




I'm off to LA tomorrow morning. Today was partly spent solving Complex Wardrobe Dilemmas, spending at least part of the day trying to pack. I found it hard to pack for a Heatwave when I was dressed in winter woolies. Mind you, I didn't really need to rug up much because of our Globally Warmed Winter.
I made a final trip to my favourite thrift shop, 'Beatniks & Bohemians' ( I was just about to call it 'Bedknobs & Broomsticks) for a couple of weeks & purchased a few items to take with me, including the palm tree tee shirt, pictured above. I also bought an animal print top with pink sparkles that has a 'Footballers Wives' feel to it. For those unfamiliar with this term, 'FWPS' (Footballer Wives & Partners) are a special brand of flashy female who go for footballers. They love Big Statement outfits, hair extensions & always wear g string undies.
Oh, I've just been corrected by Mr. Middleaged who tells me that Footballers Wives are not called FWPs (where did I get that from?) but WAGs which means Wives & Girlfriends.
Glad we cleared that one up then. What a relief.

6 comments:

Darla said...

Cute top! Yes indeed, you are going to be in hot weather over here.

Have a great trip.

Darla

Sigsy said...

Have a fantastic trip.
No fighting with Queen WAG Victoria Beckham AKA 'Posh Spice' is she tries to tax your threads!

('Tax your threads' is street talk for 'steal your clothes')

ccook said...

I'm afraid I may be a bit late with my comment, but if you're in the area, there is a very cute retro shop located within the Farmer's Market at 3rd & Fairfax. Lots of whacky little ornaments that would be perfect for your fantastic line of earrings and jewelry (which I always admire on Wardrobe Remix)!

Jane said...

Have you heard of WAGONS?
(Wives and Girlfriends of Narcotic Dealers)- they have even more cash to spend on clothes.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you don't mind me stopping by and thanking you fоr your post - it genuinely helped

Alѕo ѵіsit my ωeb blog: toe Ring sizes

Anonymous said...

Ѕuch а good ροst anԁ definitely helped clear my hеad а
bіt

my blog; Sterling Silver Jewels for Kids